Friday, January 15, 2010

Going Casual / Arena Tonight

Interesting topic, what does going casual exactly mean? Well, lately I haven't had as much free time as I'd like. I've been involved with other projects that have taken away from my WoW time. As a result, I won't be playing as much as I use too. Right now I have 4 WoW accounts, I use 3 of them to post auctions on the AH simultaneously. Yesterday I consolidated all of my inventory from those 3 accounts to 3 alts on my main account. My posting method is switching from frequently on all 3 accounts simultaneously to posting/cancelling 2-3 times a day on my main account. As a result I've cancelled my 3 other accounts.

I just don't have the time to keep up with it. It's going to be nice to save the $45/month in subscription fees as well. It will be interesting to see how many glyphs I'll sell now. On an active day I would usually sell between 250-300 glyphs in a 24 hour time span. The other players in the glyph market are quite active so I'll see how many I manage to sell now that I am on a much more relaxed posting schedule.

One of my arena partners just got a new job so we are unable to play more then a few times a week, with PvE not really interesting me outside of the GDKP runs, there isn't much left to do. Another reason I felt that going from 4 WoW accounts to 1 was a good idea is that I feel like I have a since of obligation to keep them up a lot when I'm online playing (or doing anything on my computer). Why else would someone like myself pay for and maintain 4 WoW accounts? A relentless onslaught of AH canceling/reposting is why! It's going to be interesting to see how much I make total now posting only a few times a day. I suppose that is what normal people do right? I just went into hardcore mode for a few months to see how much gold I could generate. If I had been stingy with my gold and not spent any in the past few months, I would easily have over 400k. Why make so much gold though if you don't plan on spending it? I kind of get why wealthy people can be so frugal with their money, the more you make, the more you want to protect it and hold onto it.

We are scheduled to play 5s tonight at 9pm CST. I'll be streaming it on Xfire if anyone wants to check it out. I streamed our 3s on Tuesday and got nearly 200 viewers at 2am! I was playing Protection on my Warrior so I got a lot of grief from some viewers as it is the spec of the month to hate on! I replaced the priest on the 5s team so we are running with a weird 4 DPS spec, but we managed to jump about 100 rating since I joined a few weeks ago. We are currently in the 2100s and will probably push higher tonight. I've only played about 30 games with the team so we are still getting use to the comp. I was Arms during our last sessions but I'll probably play Prot for this session so I don't get blown up in .5 seconds.

5s @ 9PM CST Tonight!
Stream URL: http://www.xfire.com/live_video/dresek

No comments:

Post a Comment