Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Weekly Gold Summary / Shadowmourne / Arena

It looks like I won't be hitting the 300k mark for quite a while. The raid leader of the GDKP approached me about paying for priority on Shadowfrost Shards for Shadowmourne. I expressed my interest in this a while back. Since then he compiled a small list of eligible players (based on PVE performance, arena/PVP experience etc). He ended up selecting me. I of course was happy he did, I won't divulge how much I paid for Shadowfrost Shard priority but let's just say, I think I got a really good deal on it. This of course set me back from my goal.

The GDKP went well and I ended up spending about 16k in BoE epics which I should at the very least double when they do sell. I can't really stress how good GDKP runs are for gold making. Not only do you get a split at the end (2-3k) but you also get the opportunity to pickup the highest quality BoE epics for a lot cheaper then they are worth on the market. So, between buying 25 Primordial Saronite again for Shadow's Edge, paying for Shadowfrost Shard priotiy and the BoE epics, it's going to be a while (few weeks) before I hit 300k! Oh, last night I spotted a chopper on the AH for 15k so that resulted in an impulse buy! I've always thought they looked cool and I got tired of looking at my other mounts when riding somewhere.

Despite spending so much gold this week, I did make about 50k. Unfortunately I'm still in the negatives until the BoE's sell, so I will provide some real numbers next week when they aren't so depressing!

Deal of the Week:

Breastplate of the White Knight bought for 3250g (trade chat), sold for 5999g

While I have made much more on flipping other BoE's like Battered Hilts or ICC 25 BoE's. This one takes the cake for the week because I literally sold it 3 minutes later! I bought it from a guy in trade, through it on the AH on one of my alts and it sold almost immediately! Wow!

I can't wait to get Shadowmourne, although it will take at least a few months get acquire all the Shadowfrost Shards. I'm looking forward to running my 100% ArP arena build with it and Bladestorming my way to the top of BG9!

This is the last week of season 7 and I have completed my Prot PVP build. We are going to heavily push this week into the 2600 range in 3s for Gladiator. Unfortunately throughout most of the season we've been taking it somewhat casually due to conflicting schedules but this week we are going to kick it up a notch to finish it off. I'm going to stream it tonight on Xfire and will update here when we are live.

URL:
http://www.xfire.com/live_video/dresek/

2 comments:

  1. WoW, im looking forward to see your warrior with Shadowmourne :) Congrats!

    BoE epics from raids looks so fucking awsome and they give You lots of money- that's so bad GDKP aren't popular on all servers. Not yet...

    Thanks for your post, keep up great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! GDKPs are getting more popular, all it takes is one person on your server to get it going. That's what happened on my server.

    ReplyDelete