Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Season 7 Ends / 120Hz LCD Goodness

Well, Season 7 has come to end and was a bit disappointing for us. Our healer's schedule didn't allow us to play much this week so we couldn't really push up to Gladiator. Out of the whole week we ended up playing about 2 hours total. Luckily our team's schedule should allow us to play more games during Season 8, as he will no longer be working 2 jobs as of this week.

We started off playing DK/Hunter/Pally up to 2500+ but I was quite discouraged by the 3.3 changes to Scourge Strike, especially after they nerfed double crits right away. I can see why they did it, as there are certain situations where the stars align and you double crit a clothie for 10-12k. What they didn't do is buff us to compensate for the nerf in the form of a damage increase or disease protection to protect our new even more disease reliant Scourge Strike. I ended up switching to my Warrior alt who I geared up for Protection. The thing is that Protection spec is like playing a whole new class from Arms. It took a few weeks to get the hang of it, unfortunately it wasn't enough time to get it down to push up past 2650+, which is the cutoff for BG9 Glad in 3s.

With the plethora of new gear that comes with the new season, as well as Shadowmourne in a few months, it looks like Arms is going to be the spec I'll go with. The resilience change was expected but probably won't drop damage any once people get equipped in full ilvl 264-270 PVP gear from the S7 245-251 gear.

Yesterday I bought the Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" 120Hz LCD monitor and it's awesome. I bought it mostly for Quake Live as I have missed the days of playing at 120Hz refresh rate on the old CRT. It's INCREDIBLY smooth compared to regular LCDs, it also makes for a better computing experience in general. If you are a gaming enthusiast then I highly recommend it, I can't believe I've gone this long without one. WoW is as smooth as silk at 120Hz. If you have a fast enough computer to run WoW at 120+ FPS then you won't be sorry. My only gripe is that the 120Hz models don't come any bigger then 22".

I've been a bit lazy when it comes to the gold making. I'm averaging 2-3k per day, which is at least 1/2 of what I use to make per day, if not more. I do enjoy only posting a few times a day though. I'm back up to 140k after spending 145k or so in the past few weeks. I still have quite a bit of inventory to go through so it should jump quite a bit in the coming week.

Primordial Saronite is in extremely high demand now and is a great item to flip. Keep an eye out in trade chat and the AH for people trying to get rid of it cheap for a quick buck.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Dresek,

    I got another question for you. I deal with glyph market pretty well, but cant set-up scrolls industry.

    I cant add scrolls by their ID's in KTQ, i get error in chat: item is not a link. I was trying to use QA3 summary and queue, but this seem not work too, when i click command for showing queue, it does nothing.

    Looks like i have problem with addons? I have:
    Altoholic v3.2.002b
    Kev Tool queue 1.05
    LilSparky's Workshop v1.00
    Skillet 1.13

    What's wrong or what i do wrong? Also i got Auctioneer, Auctionator and Bagnon. Nothing more.

    Can you help me? Need it fast, im really confused now.

    Thanks in advance, im waiting for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have downloaded latest addons listed in Kevmar's Blog. Next, i noticed there is actually problem with them, so i switched to the older version of Altoholic - which didn't help.

    EDIT: i'm getting same error, link is not item

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i disabled thresholds in KTQ, i dont get any errors and it does queue scrolls - but without threshold restrictions - which i dont need, becouse im using spreadsheet to determine what to craft ;)

    Problem solved Dresek, hehe :D

    ReplyDelete