Friday, December 18, 2009

Gold Cap Next Friday? / GDKP

This week is off to a great start. The resident AH super camper seems to be have disappeared. He was my main competition in the glyph market. Perhaps he got tired of competing with me? Either way I'm happy. Because of this I have been much more aggressive with my price fixing on a lot of the popular glyphs. I have a ton of glyphs at 45-60g up and they sell like crazy. It's nice seeing your sold section in the AH window full of sold glyphs ranging from 45-60g. I've maintained Glyph of Blocking at 90g for the past few days and I've sold at least 10 of them! The money is really coming in this week from Inscription. This evening I should pass the 165k mark. I've been able to maintain a 10k/day profit margin since 3.3 and I'm really happy about it. This may or may not last through the weekend though, as raiding days are usually the big money making days for a lot of people. The weekends are a good time to stock up on cheap materials to prepare for the week, although Sunday evening is a popular selling day too.

If I don't spend anything on both GDKP runs, then I'm on track for breaking 200k by my weekly summary on Monday! The GDKP runs net an extra 11-12k or so since ICC 25 was released and people spend 10-15k per item that drops on average, so the splits are quite nice. The main items I'm looking to snag are Deathbringer's Will from ICC 25 and Death's Verdict from ToC 25. Any other item that drops I won't spend much on. One thing is for sure though, if Deathbringer's Will drops then that will put a minor speed bump in my road to the cap, as I will probably have to drop some serious coin to win it. I've decided to hold off on the Primordial Saronite for Shadow's Edge until I hit the cap. If either trinket doesn't drop this week then I'm shooting for the cap next Friday!

One thing I've been asked is my reasoning for participating in GDKP runs as opposed to regular PUGing or raiding. Why spend money for items when you can get them for free in PUGs or raids? It's simple: convenience. I'm a PVPer at heart and my priority when obtaining gear from raiding instances is it's benefit to me in arena. It's very difficult to obtain popular items like Death's Verdict in PUGs as you are usually rolling against 8-10 people for it if it happens to drop. I've been in many raiding guilds in the past and I just don't want to commit to raiding schedules to obtain a few select items that I want. In a GDKP raid, you always come out with something (gold) even if nothing drops that you want. I don't have to worry about having enough DKP to get a certain item or worry about a loot council selecting me for it. If I want a certain item, I can get it then and there.

Besides price fixing some scrolls, belt buckles and a lot of glyphs, I managed to flip a few more Battered Hilts for 7-8k profit each. Despite the increased drop rate they are still an excellent item to turnaround if you can get a good price. The demand for them is huge and there still aren't many available to meet the demand, so they still sell for a lot.

In other news, my alt Warrior's 2s team broke 1900 rating last night with my Warrior sitting in only 440 resilience :) I'm pretty sure we could break 2000 but we decided to stop because it was getting late. We were crushing quite a few 2100+ teams before we stopped, the only team giving us real trouble were Rogue/Priest due to my lack of resilience and the Rogues ability to just sit on me putting out huge pressure the entire game due to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment