Friday, December 11, 2009

Scourge Strike Nerf / Scrolls Scrolls Scrolls!

I guess I'll begin this one with the negative. Yesterday Blizzard in usually fashion decided to 'hotfix' Scourge Strike to only allow the physical portion to crit. The funny thing is, SS went literally MONTHS untouched on the PTR, then after 2 days on live they do this. While I do agree that double crits in PVE were a little too high, this is NOT the way to go about "fixing" it. For one, the new Scourge Strike was HIGHLY mediocre already in high rated PVP. The only time it was good was when the stars aligned in what could be the equivalent of /randoming 100 and rolling a 95-100 and getting a double crit on a cloth wearer. With this change, our damage will be LAUGHABLE, our SS CRITS will hit Paladins and Shaman for 2.5k or less. A Paladin can literally sit there with Sacred Shield on himself and throw out a Holy Shock once in a while to keep himself at 100% with a DK on him now. I'm happy I have a Warrior to resort to or I don't know if I could continue playing this game. My main enjoyment out of this game comes from playing arena and this nerf will put is in even a worse spot. Currently Chains of Ice is bugged as well and can only be cast on one person at a time, it wouldn't surprise me if this isn't bug but a 'hotfix' as well. The Damage Dealing Forums are quite hilarious right now with thread after thread regarding the nerf. The developer's really need to think this stuff through and use a scalpel instead of a hatchet when throwing out nerfs like this.

Okay enough venting, onto the positive stuff. Scrolls sold like CRAZY last night. I don't know what was going on but my sales have actually increased since Tuesday. Maybe it's more and more people getting the patch and logging in? I'm not sure. Check this out:





I went through a total of 4 Berserking scrolls at 1100g, 3 1H - Mighty Spellpower scrolls at 700g+ and a ton of others at a huge markup. I usually get my Abyss Crystals at 40g or less so I made a nice profit last night. I didn't have time to add everything up but I'm pretty sure I'm over the 100k mark now. I'll post a screen shot to make it official when I get home and loot my mail! The Saronite Stuffle
is going well still. I was able to snatch up 150 stacks of ore for 12g/stack from farmers in trade and the AH the past few days, so I went on a Prospecting/Disenchanting frenzy last night to keep up with all the scrolls that were selling.

Deals of the Day:

Bought 10x Crusader Orbs for 1125g (trade chat), resold for 250-275g each
Bought Surge Needle Ring for 500g (trade chat), resold for 1650g

One last thing, the drop rate on Battered Hilt , the quest item used to make the item level 251 Quel'Delar weapons was hotfixed to be significantly lowered. They are selling for 15-20k on my server, so keep an eye out on those. If you can score a good deal on one it would make a great item to flip.

No comments:

Post a Comment