Monday, December 14, 2009

Weekly Gold Summary / 3.3 Thoughts

Well, the first week of 3.3 is coming to an end. Overall I'm very happy with the way the servers have performed. Opening day was surprisingly stable once the servers finally came up. The only day that had some extended lag was Saturday evening during peak hours. The new content and features are bringing back some players and giving their current player base something to do until Cataclysm.

I went to both GDKP 25 runs on both my characters. We cleared the first 4 bosses of ICC 25 with relative ease. The only encounter that really presented a challenge was High Overlord Saurfang. It's more of a healing fight then anything once you have 5+ people marked. I picked up Bryntroll, The Bone Arbiter on my DK and Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers on my Warrior. I ended up making about 12,000g total between both characters when both pots were split up, which means I ended up only coming out about 4,000g in the hole after buying both the axe and the boots. My quest to hit the gold cap may hit a snag in the coming month as I am working on buying 25 Primordial Saronite for Shadow's Edge. I won't be able to get the axe itself until The Plagueworks (next wing in ICC) opens on January 5th. The actual Primordial Saronite will cost between 60-70k total so that will definitely cause a delay. The good thing is that I can doing very well on a daily basis as far as gold making is concerned!

Onto the weekly report:

Overall Weekly Profit: 51,099g
Total Gold: 122,254g

While this number may seem high, it definitely could of been higher if I stockpiled more. Everything is flying off the shelves at elevated prices and I ran through my stock pretty quick during the first few days. The weekly profit does include restocking, the number would of been much higher if I didn't blow about 20k gold on the GDKP runs and stuff in general. :)

In one of my previous posts I mentioned the possibility of flipping Battered Hilt, the quest item that begins the chain for an ilvl 251 weapon seen here. The chain itself is very easy, I happened to pick up one up from heroic Forge of Souls (before the drop rate was nerfed) the opening day on my Warrior and did the quest chain in about 3 hours (instances included). Throughout the week I kept in an eye in trade chat to see if I could pick up another one to flip. On Saturday I managed to buy one from someone in trade for 10,000g, 4 hours later:



I was a bit nervous at trying to flip it as I wasn't entirely sure if I could get away with selling it for that much. I've seen them in the auction house for that much but I wasn't sure if they were actually selling. I was absolutely thrilled when I saw it sold. It's very rewarding making almost 9k in one day from flipping one item alone. One other item I was looking to flip was Wodin's Lucky Necklace. Someone put it up as a 48H auction without a buyout, bid starting at 9,000g. I kept an eye on this for the 2 days it was up, this necklace is a best-in-slot or near best-in-slot item for multiple classes so I knew it would sell for a lot. I bid 10,200g on it when the auction duration was short and won! Three hours later:



Both of these items sold in one day! It was a record high for me as I also did about 5-6k in sales so I ended up with a nice 20k+ profit in 1 day. Which brings me to:

Deals of the Week:

Battered Hilt bought for 10,000g (trade), sold for 18,979g
Wodin's Lucky Necklace bought for 10,200g (AH bid), sold for 16,000g

Overall it was a very exciting week, new content, features and a ton of sales.

2 comments:

  1. wow that's some really nice flipping, i've seen a few battered hilts on my server but they're not going for more than 10,000 anymore and people arent trying to buy them for more than 6k, so I wouldnt try to flip it haha.. anyways i've found flipping to be a great way to make money for your professions, and on my server Crusader Orbs are great for it. I picked up 12 for ~150g each, and sold them all for 300g in less than 12 hours! I've just been flipping them, but I figured that was a good way to make money if you don't have the cash to flip Battered Hilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I flipped quite a few Crusader Orbs before 3.3 came out. I'm not really sure what the 3.3 changes to Triumph badges in heroics will do to them so I haven't really touched them since 3.3. Before that thought I would usually snag them for 200-250g in trade and sell for 325-375g on the AH, nice little extra profit.

    ReplyDelete