Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Life After The Cap?

I haven't reached the gold cap yet but I was just thinking about what I'm going to do after reaching it. If all things go well I'm only a few days away from it. What is there to do after reaching the gold cap? I'm certainly not going to stop making gold, it's because a daily part of my routine while playing the game. I can't imagine not having my posting alts going while playing my main character. I certainly won't push as hard in some markets like glyphs. I've been babying the glyph market quite a bit, often price fixing popular glyphs in cookie cutter builds. This can be a time consuming process which I'll probably limit to a few times a week, rather then a few times a day. I'm going to also increase my threshold from 3g to 6 or 7g to lower the amount of restocking required after a days worth of sales. You know what really sucks? Slacking and not restocking for a few days, then running your /ktq queue 10 glyphs and having it queue up 650+ glyphs in Skillet! It's good because you know you have sold a lot, but have fun milling/creating IotS and crafting for a few hours!

Enchanting materials are coming down as supply continues to be high but demand is starting to drop. Abyss Crystals are down to 30g or less on the AH. This is most likely due to the huge amount of heroics people are running in conjunction with the new disenchant feature. Because of this scrolls are coming down in price as well, I had to update my spreadsheet (seen here) with new prices and adjust thresholds accordingly.

There's a new version of Quick Auctions 2 that was released recently. I highly recommend it as it does live posting now rather then queuing up and doing a bulk post after scanning is complete. This works really well because the posting mechanism could get overloaded previously during bulk posting and cause some duplicate posts. Now while it's scanning your auctions it goes and posts right then and there preventing this from happening. When you hit the cancel button it also now tracks the total amount of auctions being scanned which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment