Monday, December 7, 2009

3.3 Tomorrow? Preparations

The word on the street (MMO-Champion) is that 3.3 is tomorrow. Boubouille is usually right about these things so I wouldn't doubt it. Like most content patches, I expect the day of its release to be completely unplayable. Usually servers start to work properly later at night but the peak hours will more then likely yield unplayable results. Can Blizzard ever release a content patch without breaking their own servers? They may have done it in the past a few times but I can't recall when off the time of my head.

Preparations are going well for the patch. I'm trying to stock up on flasks, gems and enchanting scrolls. Because of this my progress toward hitting the cap has hit a temporary snag because I'm investing (as I should) just about all my profit I'm making in more inventory to prepare for the patch. I'm hoping it will pay off as this is the first time I've really attempted to stock up for a content patch in hopes of selling at a big profit.

Last night's GDKP runs were mediocre as far as drops go. I did the TOC 25 GDKP run on my Warrior alt and TOGC 25 GDKP on my DK. Nothing dropped that I really wanted, I picked up a few pieces of ilvl 245 DPS plate for 500g each on the Warrior but that's about it. The TOGC 25 run went well, we stopped on twins after about 5 attempts on them. Our best attempt was 10%, since then we figured out an easier strategy and should have no problem downing them tonight when we continue. We still have 38 total attempts left, so we'll have plenty to work with on Anub. A majority of the raid are well geared alts of hardcore raiders that have already downed Anub so I think we have a pretty good shot at him. I'm wondering how much competition I'll have if heroic Death's Verdict drops. I don't think any of the melee DPS or hunters are stacked and willing to spend as much as me (40k+) on it. If it happens to drop I'll more then likely pick it up. Why am I willing to spend so much on it? It's a best in spot item even in ICC and I can make the gold back I spend on it in a week or two at most.

No comments:

Post a Comment