Friday, December 4, 2009

A New Perspective / Flasks

It's funny how your perspective on something can change. Since I started getting really involved in gold making again, I look at just about everything people are selling in trade chat and try to deduce if there is a potential to make profit out it. I find myself jumping on deals more often and flipping them for profit. In the past my biggest reason for not doing so was the nuisance of trying to sell goods and maintaining auctions. For me, mods like Quick Auction are a godsend and make canceling and reposting SO much easier. Having to manually check a bunch of auctions to see if I've been undercut, then go through them one buy one and cancel them, collect them from the mailbox and then manually repost them with a 1 silver undercut was both time consuming and annoying. This was the main reason I would usually drop out of markets or slack with Jewelcrafting.

Now that I have my posting alts and mods setup, it's so amazingly easy that it is enjoyable. Spotting a good deal is pretty easy if you know the market, now I can take advantage of it whenever I see it. For example, late last night someone announced in trade that they were selling 15 Crusader Orbs for 4000 gold. This was way below market price as they usually sell for 385-430g. I offered him 2500g (233g each) and he took it. I immediately threw them on one of my posting alts, created the item group in QA2 and posted them in a batch of 5 with a 1s undercut. Within 10 minutes they all 5 sold for 390g each. It's a very satisfactory feeling when you do something like this.

I made my first batch of flasks yesterday and boy do they really fly off the shelves during raid times! I sold about 40 Flasks of Endless Rage/Frost Wyrm and 25 Stoneblood in about two hours. The Endless Rage/FW flasks sold for 32-35g each and Stoneblood for 37g each, talk about a nice profit considering I bought all the Frost Lotus for 30-40g! Between glyphs, flasks, enchanting scrolls and belt buckles the gold is really starting to pour in. I made back the 15k I spent buying out that guy's inventory I mentioned previously in less then 2 days and I still have plenty of it leftover.

I'm going to two GDKP runs this weekend, one on my Warrior who just dinged level 80 and another for my Death Knight. The only thing I'm really looking to pick up on my DK is Death's Verdict. My Warrior however obviously needs a lot. The main focus of my Warrior though is arena so I'm probably going to try and pick up two trophys and Justicebringer as a good starter weapon. I'm not really looking to gear him out completely in PVE, but if some good plate items drop that I can get a deal on I'll probably pick them up. I'm probably going to post a weekly update on my gold status similar to Tella as I get closer to the cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment