Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Introduction

First off I would like to thank Tella for inspiring me to make gold again. I haven't gotten serious about making gold since I took up Jewelcrafting during the TBC era. I will eventually hit the gold cap and I will keep that progress updated at least once a week if not more. A little background on myself: I've played WoW since release, I've always been heavily into PVP and PVE and was have been in top progression guilds through Vanilla WoW and early WotLK. I took a break from serious PVE during TBC to do primarily arena where I was a 4-time Gladiator as well as Vengeful Gladiator during Season 3 in 2s as Warrior/Druid.

My primary focus in the game right now is making gold and arena. I still have some interest in PVE but I don't really want to get tied down to a mandatory raiding schedule as most serious PVE guilds have. I have been doing GDKP ToC 25m runs on my server and they are a lot of fun. If you aren't familiar with them, the loot system involves bidding gold on all loot that drops. There is no such thing as offspec or main spec, whoever bids the most gold on an item wins. In our runs, items begin at 500g and progress in 250g increments. All of the gold that is spent on items is put into a pot and the pot is distributed evenly to the 25 people in the raid at the end. The end result is usually 2000-2500g per person in the split, which is not bad for 45 minutes worth of work. The bidding itself can be hilarious, last week Death's Verdict sold for 40k gold! We have some seriously stacked people so you see items going for a lot.

As far as gold making goes, right now I'm utilizing Inscription, Enchanting and Jewelcrafting. I'm going to level up Alchemy this week and get into the flask/meta/potion market as well. Right now I have two posting alts on two separate accounts, I'm going to transfer my Inscription alt to make my main account this week so that will leave me with three posting alts on three separate accounts, as well as my main account. Yes, I do have four WoW accounts, but it's a hobby I enjoy and the $60/month subscription fee doesn't really hurt me financially. :)

I'm usually running three to four WoW clients at one time while I play, I have a somewhat high-end computer so it can easily handle it. I run both posting alt clients at 800x600 resolution in windowed mode and run my main client at 1920x1200. I'll usually alt tab and hit the QA2 post/cancel buttons as well as loot my mailbox in between arena queues or when I have a little downtime in an instance. This certainly gives me a leg up on the competition as I'm easily able to cancel/repost all my auctions frequently with little effort. I have my alts parked at the spot in Stormwind where you don't have to move to access the mailbox or Auctioneer (hope they don't nerf that). I'll keep my gold progress tracked on the right side.

Current mods (for gold making):
Quick Auction 2
Kev Tool Queue
Skillet
Auctionator
Postal

Right now my posting method with QA2 basically looks like:
2 of each glyph while I'm online (4 if I'm not)
1 of each scroll while I'm online (3 if I'm not)
5 snowfall ink singles on on alt and a few stacks on the other
2 Faces of Doom/Iron-Bound Tomes
Numerous Rituals of the New Moon (thanks Tella!)
5 Armor Vellum III

I don't post in larger quantity while I'm online because if a poster sees they are only undercut by 1 glyph or scroll, they are less likely to repost. I know this isn't the case with all people but it does tend to be true sometimes. All posts are done at a 1s undercut. I mainly use Jewelcrafting for the Saronite Shuffle, I'll cut and post the rare gems I get from prospecting on my main character casually. I'll probably get more into the epic gem market in the future. It's kind of hard to track my actual profit per week, as I'm continually trying to add to my scroll inventory (I would like 5 of each scroll eventually including weapon scrolls) but if I had to guess it's around 25-30k a week. I bring a bulk of my liquid assets to the GDKP runs, on the last run I brought 54k, on the run before that I brought 24k, if that's any indication.

I'll try a little harder to keep track, it'll be a lot easier when I'm finished getting my scroll inventory together. Right now I keep a stock of 10 of every glyph I can make and usually restock every night. I'm probably going to increase it to 15 or 20 soon. Yesterday I sold out of two different glyphs a few hours before my usual restock time!

No comments:

Post a Comment