Monday, December 28, 2009

Gold Capped Part 2

It took roughly 24 days for me to hit the cap when I started “going for it”. I started with roughly 50k gold and worked up from there. I’m very happy with this considering I spent between 25-30k gold on gear and various other items in the process. Now that I hit the cap, my aggression (price fixing markets) at the auction house is going to slow down a bit. I’m going to focus on raid nights primarily to do my posting and use the weekends to stock up, rather then go full force 6-7 days a week. I should still be able to bring in ~20-25k a week not including item flipping.

I currently use a dual LCD setup, one a 26” and one a 24.5”. My 26” LCD is my “main” monitor where I play my Warrior or DK at 1920x1200 resolution full screen. My 24.5” is used for posting on the AH, I have 4 accounts total and 3 of them are used for AH’ing. I run the 3 posting alts simultaneously on the 24.5”. I have a pretty powerful computer (Intel I7 overclocked, 8GB RAM) so my computer can easily handle 4 WoW clients at one time. I’m able to maintain 50+ FPS in Dalaran on my main account while running the other 3, if that’s any indication. This setup is pretty overpowered because I have my alts at the SW spot where I can access the mail and AH without moving. Because of this I’m able to pretty much just click post, cancel and loot my mail with extreme ease. Here is what I have on each poster:

Poster #1: Druid, Mage, Hunter and Paladins glyphs, enchanting scrolls that cover cloak, chest, bracer and 1H slots
Poster #2: Priest, Rogue, Shaman and Warlock glyphs, Armor Vellums, Snowfall Ink, enchanting scrolls that cover hands, boots, 2H and shield slots
Poster #3: Death Knight/Warrior glyphs, regular/epic/meta gems, belt buckles, BOE epics, flasks and other misc items

Like I said, I have these guys parked that the SW AH trick spot and it takes literally 5 seconds to mouse over to them and post/cancel or loot mail on all 3 accounts. How often do I re-list? Considering how easy it is, pretty often. I can pretty much post/cancel/loot mail in between every arena queue if I want because it takes so little time. I’ll take a picture of this when I get home to illustrate. This method is especially potent for glyphs because I am able to literally cancel/repost ALL my glyphs in a few minute time span with little effort. The most time consuming part of all this is restocking enchanting scrolls and glyphs. I’m considering increasing my threshold to 7 or 8g on glyphs so I don’t spend so much time milling, creating IotS and crafting.

In the coming weeks mmy gold supply will take a temporary drop due to buying gear in the GDKP runs (if they drop). I’ve already bought Death’s Verdict for my Warrior and I’m looking to buy Deathbringer’s Will and Polar Bear Claw Bracers, as well as one T10 piece set piece off Saurfang. These items will probably set me back 40-45k. I already have my PVP template setup on my Warrior for Season 8 with these items included, it’s going to be pretty freaking overpowered. After you calculate Wrathful (season 8) gear in, I’ll be sitting at ArP soft cap, hit cap, 33k+ HP, 5k+ AP, 38%+ crit and 850+ resilience unbuffed. It should make for some good times!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Really usefull and great post. I kinda needed this. Thank you ALOT!

    Can i ask a question? How does exactly restocking glyph process look like in your case? How do you know which glyph you wanna make? Where you set your treshold? Can Lil Spark do that? A small explanation step by step would be great new year present for me.

    Also, do you use QA for all your posting? Or there are items that you put on with Auctioner/Auctionator?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks a lot. To restock glyphs I use the KTQ method which incorporates KTQ, Skillet, Lil Sparky's Workshop and Altoholic. Here is a video to excellent step-by-step tutorial:

    http://www.youtube.com/ahwhoring#p/a/u/1/ttdvjfaytr8

    Altoholic uses the DataStore mod to store all of your character's information (inventory, auctions, mail etc), then KTQ analyzes this information and compiles a craft list into Skillet. The video should also include a link to the mods as a package. After everything is setup, it is extremely easy to restock, all you have to do is type /ktq queue 10 glyphs. I keep 10 of each glyph, you can change that number to however many of each glyph you want.

    I primarily use QA2 for most of my postings. I will use Auctioneer on occasion in a certain situation if needed. For example, last week Flask of Endless Rage was selling for 33g in singles, but someone put up 4 stacks for 100g each. I generally post flasks in singles, if I use QA2, it will post my flasks at 24g99s because the cheapest listing are the stacks. Since I don't want to list them that cheap, I'll just post them with Auctioneer at 32g99s or something like that.

    I use Auctioneer's snatch and Auctionator for most of my buying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, I meant someone put up 4 stacks of Flask of Endless Rage at 500g/each.

    ReplyDelete