Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Controlling Glyphs

Lately I've been focusing more on the glyph market. The camper/possible bot I spoke about in one of my previous posts hasn't logged in for 3 days. This has given me a chance to control more of the glyph market. For the past 3 days there's only been small handfull of glyphs that were selling for over 10g (his threshold) due to competition. Maybe he decided it wasn't worth camping for all day and night to stay on top with only a few glyphs, maybe he server transferred, maybe he's just taking a break, who knows. I do hope he isn't coming back though as my sales have gone up considerably.

This has given me an opportunity to take back some of the glyph market. A few days ago I spent about 1000g resetting a ton of glyphs and it has more then paid off. The first thing I did was reset popular glyphs which are used in cookie cutter builds for various classes. This information is pretty easy to obtain. Even 2 days later a majority of my 60g glyphs are still in that price range. I am monitoring my high priced glyphs more carefully, buying out the few people here and there that post a few glyphs for super cheap (undercutting my 60g posts). When looking at your auction house tab and seeing a ton of sold glyphs for 35-60g, it's very rewarding to see that it pays off.

Resetting glyphs is a very important tool to making profit through Inscription. One thing I recommend is to have all your competition on your friends list so you can buy them out when they aren't online. One poster in particular logs on a fews a day to post at Auctioneer's market price (usually 6-12g). He posts 1-2 of a variety of glyphs. If any of those undercutsare my high priced glyphs, as soon as he logs off I buy them out. He benefits from his glyphs selling and I benefit from my glyphs selling at 60g while he's offline. It's important to be proactive if you are really looking to do well. It's easy to just post and forget, but if you really want to make money you need to put some effort into it. Flipping is one of the most important aspects, whether it's glyphs, belt buckles or a Battered Hilt for 10k.

Speaking of Battered Hilts, Blizzard announced that they are increasing the drop rate on them, so I would recommend unloading now.

No comments:

Post a Comment