Thursday, December 10, 2009

3.3 - Day Two / AH Camper or Bot?

I hope everyone had a good 2nd day of 3.3. Wednesday as many people know is a raid day so the usual goods flew off the shelves and them some thanks to the patch. I'm completely out of Flasks of Endless Rage and Frost Wyrm. The prices on Frost Lotus are heavily inflated to the point where I can't really profit buying it off the AH. I'm able to pick up a few Frost Lotus here but the flasks I get from that last about 10 minutes until they are all sold. I'm hoping I can pick up a bunch for a decent price to get some stock back. I was able to have another 5 figure day at least! I'm really hoping to get the 100k milestone (for myself) within the next few days. I've never had over 100k gold, I came close during TBC when I was heavily involved in epic gems but ended up quitting before I got there.

I experimented with resetting the Frost Wyrm market. The highest Frost Wyrm flask on the AH was 30g, lowest was 25g. I ended up spending about 1.5k buying them all out. I reposted at 55g and had a few biters, but it wasn't long before the price went from 55g, to 45g, to 40g, to 34g and then back down to 30g. I'll probably end up breaking even but I don't think I'll attempt that big of a buyout again. I guess I was hoping that with the heavy flask demand and inflated Frost Lotus prices that other flask makers were running out of stock as well.

There's a scribe on my server who I'm starting to think is a bot. I've sent him tells a few times during peak hours and he has responded. He is literally online ALL the time though. I ended up playing a lot yesterday, I logged in at 7pm and ended up playing off and on until 7am, then I slept for 4 hours so I could get up and go to work. He was online when I logged on at 7pm, he was online all the way to 7am and at 11am when I checked before I left for work. I've had some friends that play during the day check as well and they say he is always online. Luckily for me all he sells are glyphs on one character (so he has a limited supply to work with), but he pretty much chain posts using QA2. I'm going to report him when I get home and have the GM's look into it. I discovered he has a 10g threshold so I was thinking about bombing all glyphs to just below that to see what he does. My only gripe about that is that despite his rampant reposting 24/7, I still manage to sell a ton of glyphs at 30-60g. With that being said I'll probably just report him and hold off on the carpet bomb.

We ran ICC 10 last night and it was pretty fun. The Lower Spire is the only wing available at this time. They aren't opening up the next wing until January 5th, which is kind of ridiculous. This bugs me because the instance itself is quite easy. We went in there with little to no experience and ended up 1 shotting every boss except for Saurfang and that was due to a healer DC'ing. I know this isn't hard mode but the normal instance should still provide a challenge. It's one thing if they gated the hard modes but gating the easy modes in such a strung out manner sucks. Raiders have basically tacked on additional hour to their weekly raid schedule to clear this content until January 5th. The gunship fight is fun though, flying around on the rocket pack is awesome, too bad it isn't permanent!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Great blog, this is one of my favourites :)

    Just a quick mention about the camper, it is currently break time for us university kids, (well exam time, but he could be done his last exam and finished by now). So the camper could just be that, a crazy camper. I have one on my server who is literally on when I wake up to when I go to bed. Worst part is, he has a 1.5g threshold.

    What I do to deal with that is I just raised my threshold to 5g. Sure im selling less glyphs cause of him, but I am sure spending a lot less time milling and crafting now.

    Also, if he only has one character, then you know he is new to scribing. Most scribes will have 2-3 alts they post on. Does your camper have all the researched glyphs?

    Cheers, Hypoz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, thanks for the kind words! I can probably consider myself lucky that he has such a high threshold. He has been been around for the past few months so I'm not sure if it's just a seasonal thing. It looks like he only has one posting alt. For him I think it's more about always being on top, if he has multiple alts he'll have to constantly log off and on to repost on each alt which could be real tedious.

    I think he monitors all the high selling glyphs and keeps those in his inventory to repost. Luckily I'm able to sneak a bunch by that he isn't posting and sell those high as well.

    A 1.5g threshold is crazy, that's SO much milling and crafting. I already go through a few hundred a day, I can't imagine how much it would be with that low of a threshold.

    ReplyDelete